You can see how he is related by clicking on this link to the Knapp family tree.
Lewis Joseph KNAPP married Mary M. MAY, the daughter of John MAY and Mary Ann AREHART on 30 Oct. 1888 at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Randolph, Portage, Ohio.
The couple had seven children:
- Eugene J. KNAPP (1890-1894)
- Clotilda E. KNAPP (1893-1918) – I wrote a posting about Clotilda, who died in the 1918 Flu Pandemic.
- Beatrice M. KNAPP (1895-1931) Unfortunately, I don’t have much information about Beatrice.
- Hubert Joseph KNAPP (1896-1975) I wrote a posting about Hubert, too, because I found a photo of him in his WWI doughboy uniform.
- John Lewis KNAPP (1898-1955) – I wrote a posting about John, who was my husband’s grandfather, and who had an interesting career working at the Fageol brothers’ company, Twin Coach.
- Estella H. KNAPP (Abt. 1901-1965) Stella, as she was known I am told, married Harry Miller and had four children: Wilbur J., Bernadette B., Alma and Michael.
- Raymond Henry KNAPP (1906-1922) I know very little about Raymond Henry, but if anyone has any information they are willing to share, drop us a line at KnappNotes.
Lewis Joseph KNAPP died 5 July 1933 in Randolph, Portage, Ohio. He was buried in St. Joseph Cemetery in Randolph, Portage, Ohio on 8 July 1933. You can see a photo of his tombstone (along with a lot of other KNAPP relatives’ tombstones) by visiting a website called Find a Grave. Click the preceding link to view a photo of his gravestone – or view other graves.
There is in existence an old, velvet-covered photo album that was in my father-in-law’s possession that features several pictures of Lewis J. KNAPP. One is a photo of him looking very dapper in a straw hat, while another is another photo of him with a musical instrument. Apparently, he was very talented musically.
That album is currently in the custody of one of my father-in-law’s brothers. We are hoping someone in the family may be able to identify some of the people in the photos.
Next up: Henry H. KNAPP! So stay tuned!